Saturday 26 December 2009

The Birth of the Kington Gallery !

The restaurant was called The Hungry Fox .  The fascia badly needs redecorating.....but I am waiting to see some pictures of what it was like years ago when it was a fishmonger's shop in case something of a restoration is desirable..... IF I can afford it !

It is well positioned in the centre of Kington - just four and a half minutes trot downhill from where I live - useful since I dont intend to be a 9-till-5-er so there will be a Kingtonian note on the door with telephone number for when the gallery is not open.

In this shot the arrow shows its position looking down the hill with the Swan Inn behind me and the High Street in front.


The inside was like the Marie Celeste - abandoned after just a few months of trading.


This shot is with my back to the front lefthand window. showing the Bar area. The door on the right leads to the Gents and Ladies loos and the cellar. The mirror on the left covers an old doorway

Furtherback on the left a fireplace.     Note the foxes head on the wall.


And beyond the back wall the restaurant kitchen which I will use as a storage area once the equipment has been removed
















and now looking from the back to the front
 







































And here is The Hungry Fox himself.... once displayed in the window....... removed and auctioned before I bought the place !













next lot of photos will be the renovations starting !

3 comments:

blogmomcom.blogspot.com/2018/01/06840.html said...

JT , What a Lovely building this is !!
The walls look spacious for paintings and still very white !!
I am eager to see the finish ,but also want to see the progression from cafe to gallery unfold .
Will be watching ,
take it slow , enjoy your Wonderful find, a work of love to be sure .
June

SandyB said...

JT, I'm gobsmacked. It's fabulous. It's my dream. I wish you so much luck with it. Hope the roof is ok and does not need need anything doing to it.

Sandy xx

Brian Seed OWS SCA said...

I must admit, I'm amazed at all the "handy woman" type work you are doing. Most people would just hire someone. Kudo's for that.
A truly wonderful undertaking at this time in your life.....nothing but big pay backs with this endeavor....
Take your time tho'
Brian