Sunday 7 March 2010

Im not a happy Bunny : (

All has been going well in the gallery.. if slowly.....we seem to have sorted out the water ingress problem ... and the floor has now been skimmed and holes patched up in walls and skirting boards.......


there is still a bit of smoothing off to do .. but I was looking forward to moving on to the next stage....... fitting lights, decorating, flooring etc.... when.. at almost midnight on Friday.... I got a phone call reporting this..........

 

it seems two GIRLS from the flat opposite were having a fight during a rowdy party!!!

They were taken into custody  and are now released on bail !

The glass shards have been removed....

  

And the window is boarded up.   

 



I now have the hassle of sorting it out ....... whether its insured, and if it is, if its worth claiming on.........whether we can alter the window so the large pane is split as in the other one....... half the damage in future...... ( conservation officer), getting estimates, passing them to the police........ No wonder I have an upset stomach today !!!

Still better now than on Friday April 30th !


8 comments:

CharM said...

Awwwh, ((Janet))... it never rains but it pours... I'm sorry this has happened... The work you've done to date is looking good... I hope you can get the insurance, etc. all sorted without too much nuisance work...

Amelia said...

I hope they make the rowdies pay for it!

Judy said...

Poor JT I feel so bad for you and you were moving along so quickly, now this. Hopefully those girls will have to pay for the window as I'm sure it will be spendy. Thoughts with you.

Susan Fox said...

I'm so sorry this happened, Jaytee. Best of luck with getting it all straightened out. Imagine it all two months from now! :)

Tricia said...

JT, sorry about this set back!
What a bummer!!! Would it be possible to put a grill over the windows, at closing time, to protect them? I hope you can make them pay for the damage, but I know it all takes so long.

Sharon Williamson said...

Oh no, not what you needed AT ALL! Hope you get it all sorted out. I had no idea that Kington was so, erm, exciting of an evening!

Cindi said...

jt.. sorry ot hear that you have some little ruffians breaking the glass. remodels are always a surprise here and another there.. surely you dont need any help like this .. hope by now its getting sorted out and you can get back on the art path.. hugs and good wishes..

Mindy said...

maybe you could hire those two for security when you're hosting the famous....
glad you got the water problem worked out!