Saturday 20 March 2010

Turning the Corner?

First of all,..... thank all of  you who offered sympathy for the broken window ......an arrangement has been reached with the miscreants (though sadly it seems they were not the main trouble makers, rather goaded into it after too much birthday celebration) to pay for the cost of repairs over the next couple of months... and I've already received the first instalment.

So time for some more upbeat news.......

It seems there are to be more 'Shop Front Grants' available from May..... and I shall be applying to transform the gallery into something like this


However this means putting off the opening until the early summer....... absolutely no point in patching and smartening up for the opening then doing the work all over again.....

Pride of place inside will go to this..... which I bid for on Ebay and my friend Caro bought as an opening present for the Gallery

 

The artist perched on it is Picasso.....  

produced for me in a Charity Shop in Kington Yesterday !!

his eyes follow you about the room!  Or the garden in this case !

 

How could I be miserable with him around ?



8 comments:

Sharon Williamson said...

Good to hear things are improving JT! And Picasso looks fabulous on his perch! The gallery front looks like it will be beautiful - it will be worth all the hard work and aggro, I'm sure!

Unknown said...

Black and white - VERY stylish! I love Picasso, where on earth did they find him?

Susan Fox said...

I looked at the gallery photo and was so amazed at all the work you'd done and how great it looked--and then saw all that hard work was done by PhotoShop. ;) It's going to look wonderful. And I LOVE that easel and little Picasso.

Stephie Butler said...

Oh Jt, I love Picasso, he is so adorable....He is your lucky mascot now, and I know this will all turn out fantastic when the opening day arrives.

Deb Townsend said...

Picasso is just adorable! And I love your plans for the front. Really nice! Congrats!!!!

Cindi said...

yea.. youre on a roll here kiddo.... love the possible new look... and you now have a super special friend to put a wonderful smile on your face.. mr picasso himself...

woo hoo.. hope you are thru with the yuck stuff and get to start enjoying the fun things...

jaytee said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments......

Picasso just 'arrived' in the charity shop amongst donated goods......

....... or did he ? Perhaps he had a long and exciting Journey.....

CharM said...

Picasso is a stitch! *smile*

Your proposed black and white for the storefront is gorgeous, Janet!

I hope your Birthday was a happy one!