Tuesday 6 July 2010

Transformation taking place....

I am getting excited because work has started on the front !


Apparently there have been many positive comments already about the dreadful tiles having disappeared !!  This is good news !  I have definitely decided to go for very dark blue and white.

Last week I painted out the black interior beams



They probably wont stay white ... but will certainly not go too dark ... probably the wall colour. .. a  darkish cream 'magnolia' Paintwork will be white .. I think !!!


Meanwhile we have gone through two very heavy downpours... and on each occasion the floor has got wet again :(   But we think it is now coming down the chimney...... so I have taken the gas fire out which needs the ventilation and will install a modern stainless steel and pebbles electric job... to match the contemporary lighting and hanging system ( which I stashed way somewhere. hope I can find it !!!) ......... I hope an interesting mix of old and new.


Hopefully am also getting the light bulbs sorted at last......but the place is full of woodshavings right now so that will have to wait.

Building work will take another week at least .. then  I can really get cracking on the inside .... so a late August early September opening is now  a distinct possibility.

need to start thinking about some of the details now !

No comments: