Sunday 31 January 2010

Visible Changes

Yesterday I took down the restaurant curtains and rolled up the rest of the carpet.......and reintroduced two Kingtonians ( a friend of mine and my builder ) who were at school with each other's brothers and sisters several decades ago!  Some more Art books may be coming my way for the library :^)



Today I hung some temporary, washable, voile curtains in their place, discovered another unrelated damp patch........ and remembered the camera had a wide angle lens !



..... makes a bit of difference from the outside.... ....not a lot but its a start..... the notice board is displaying posters  about events during an Eco - fortnight in Kington, the blackboards about the gallery ...... I so need to do something about the outside !!



.......boy do those tiles need painting...... and the cills ...... if only temporarily..... but with temperatures back to -4C and snow flurries today and more due,  now is NOT the time !

.....and here is the other bit of damp that needs some investigation ......  probably of the internal plumbing !


...so now I await the postman and the samples and goodies  I keep ordering........including samples of cushion vinyl...... the floor levels are all over the place!

I am considering hanging blackout blinds at all the front windows for use during slide shows... one may possibly even double up  as projection  screen........ that would be good !!

Artists and their relatives  are now starting to call in and enquire about how things are to be organised, costs, dates, opening times etc.... and diaries are wanting to know too !!  I have two more weeks to decide on whether to risk announcing a date!

Apparently at a Tourist event lunch today I got a free  plug !!!

Seems its all going to happen !!!!!

8 comments:

Cindi said...

wow jt.. you are moving right along... its looking so good.. so fun to watch your progress.. right now it may feel like a money pit.. but once you open and it gets going.. what a fab place to enjoy, good friends , lots of laughs and wonderful art!!

M said...

This place shined up nicely! It's amazing what a can of paint and some hard work can do...it looks so much bigger and so much more restful already! Can't wait to see more...are you keeping the chair rail dark?

Unknown said...

Taking those dark curtains down made a huge difference! Looking great JT, the cushion floor is the best choice I think, easy to clean if anyone spills paint!

Sharon Williamson said...

Looking good Jaytee! You really are making progress (impressive, considering how cold and icy it's been!). Will be checking in to see how things are going, keep the pics coming!

jaytee said...

Lovely to see the interest and support here.....I was begining to feel a tad self-indulgent :lol;

I do plan to paint both the chair rail and the horrid plain brown doors etc to blend in with teh walls.... the latter and the only need some touching up.. if the spare paint left there matches... if not a quick overcoat.

I also plan to paint teh bricks immediately around teh gas fire ( not the chimney breast though!) and the beams . Still tempted to use some colour .. but maybe not yet !!

The ceilings may need another coat after the lights are installed.

M ... do you live in Gladestry ?? :)

Unknown said...

I agree with Ruth, taking down those dark curtains really brightens up the whole place!

Mindy said...

No, not Gladestry- Connecticut! Sorry for the confusion- I just updated my profile to show more info about me. I PM"D you on WC about your renovation about a week ago (I'm the one who likes renovations!) Can't wait to see the next installment...

Judy said...

JT I'm just blown away by how beautiful this is becoming. You are one busy busy bee and the "bar" looks lovely as a gallery. So wish that we cold come and see it but I guess we've had our traveling. I will travel cyberly.